California 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Corporation championing environmental and social consciousness, while focusing on the arts, media, and education
Provide professional and financial assistance to community projects with similar areas of interest
Staff and Board consist of dedicated individuals with experience in community activism, organizing, and event planning, as well as a history of involvement in television, print, music, film and radio
Strongly support arts education, truth in media, and sustainability
- One of the top premier non-commercial radio stations in the country
- Heavily affiliated with Amy Goodman of Democracy Now, Michael Moore, and Utah Phillips
- Over 40,000 regional listeners with potential to reach tens of thousands more online
- Live broadcast from a dozen of the largest regional events in Northern California
- KVMR represents media not defined by geography but by the shared values of its listeners.
- One of the original buildings in Nevada City founded in 1851, during California's Gold Rush
- The oldest continuously in-use theater west of the Mississippi in the United States
- Mark Twain, Jack London, Lotta Crabtree, and hundreds of others have appeared on stage at the Nevada Theatre
- Today the theater is a modernized 366 seat venue used for film, radio, theater performances, and lectures
Hearted in the Gold Country, The Open Book is a bookstore, a performance venue, and a popular gathering place for conversation, meetings and clubs. The Open Book offers a comfortable place to browse and enjoy your drinks and treats from the café next door, Sierra Mountain Coffee Roasters.
"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up." — Oliver Wendell Holmes
We encourage collaborative knowledge and resources. Contact Us if you are interested in learning more about becoming a Golden Road Radio Hour Partner.